Snoopy everywhere



As you may remember, last week I carved a Moomin eraser stamp, and this week, I carved a ... Snoopy eraser stamp!  I've never been a big fan of Snoopy, but I was inspired by this fabric that I found at the remnant section of our local Joann store...


I just couldn't resist this cheerful and somewhat retro fabric of Snoopy!  Although I'm not sure what I shall make from this fabric...???




And I've had a few more Snoopy inspirations lately ...

We visited the Knotts Berry Farm as a family, which is an amusement park located in Orange County, California.  And Snoopy is the official mascot of this park.  There were Snoopy everywhere inside the park.



Can you see the Snoopy riding a red canoe on top of the waterfall?


Then there were the gigantic Snoopy and Woodstock sitting inside the candy stand...

Snoopy on top of the store roof...


And many more Snoopys!


Oh, don't forget the Woodstock...


Viva Snoopy and Woodstock!!  

And after carving Moomin stamp and Snoopy stamp, what character shall I carve next??  Hello Kitty?  Mickey Mouse?  Or maybe a Doraemon?  (Note: Doraemon is a Japanese cartoon character, who looks like blue racoon but actually a cat without the ears).
 I'll see...

Doraemon

10 comments:

Just Charming said...

Cute stamps! I can never figure out how you get your lines so perfect!I'm sure if I tried I'd have all kinds of squiggly lines. Oh... I'm sure you know this already, but I think Doraemon is a cat ;)

PY said...

Oh ! Amy, Snoopy is my favourite cartoon! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Snoopy eraser stamp! It is so neatly curved and so lovely. A real pretty piece of work !
So lucky of you being able to get that cute fabric too. I like it very much and can't wait to see what you will make from it . :)

gazimama said...

すご~い。これ彫ったんですね。またしてもツボです。私スヌーピーが大好きでした。次はうちの息子の為にポケモンお願いします!(冗談です)キティちゃんだったらアメリカでも人気だし娘さんたちが喜ぶのでは?

Unknown said...

Hi, Just Charming! I'm still a beginner in eraser stamp carving, but it's so fun to create my own stamps. So you should give it a try if you're interested!! Oh BTW thanks for reminding me about Doraemon - yes, I knew that he's a cat... but doesn't he look like a racoon???

Unknown said...

Hi, PY, and thank you so much for your compliments about my Snoopy stamp! And I'm so glad you're back to blogging :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend with lots of sewing time!

Unknown said...

gazimamaさん、いつも遊びに来てくださってありがとう♪息子さんはポケモンがお好きなんですね!って私が知ってるポケモンキャラクターはピカチュウのみですが…。

消しゴムはんこは家事などのちょっとしたすき間時間にできるし、彫っている間はかなり集中できるので良い気分転換にもなり、私はこれで育児ストレスを解消しています(笑)。gazimamaさんももしもまだだったら息子さんと一緒にぜひトライしてみては!親子で仲良くポケモンキャラクターを一つ一つ彫っていく…って最高じゃないですか!

sweetTarap said...

Hi Amy, your snoopy stamp looks beautiful and exquisite. May be your next stamp could be snoopy's brother, Olaf. :)

Unknown said...

Hi, sweetTarap! Thanks for your idea about my next stamp! And BTW I did not know that Snoopy had a brother, so I researched a bit and found out that he does have several siblings, including brother Olaf! Wow, I learned something new today ;)

Vintage Girl/Marivel said...

cute snoopy stamps.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Marivel!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails