Happy 2012!



Happy New Year and Happy 2012!

I hope you all had a warm and restful holidays and a wonderful beginning of 2012!  Sorry for the long absence from this blog... I was out of town for the holidays, and now that I'm back in town and my kids are off to school (phew!), I am finally able to sit in front of my computer without any interruptions :)

Well, I haven't really had a chance to craft anything in 2012 (yet), but today, I'd like to show you some of the handmade Christmas gifts that I created for my family and friends in December...




These are gathered clutches made of imported Japanese prints.  I followed this wonderful tutorial written by talented Anna of Noodlehead

I love the design of these clutches, and I've always wanted to try this tutorial.  I'm so glad that I was finally able to!  I love how they turned out.

Back sides of the clutches.




I also crocheted a couple of gifts for the holidays.  As you can see, these are crocheted room slippers.  Here, only one pair of the slippers are shown, but I actually crocheted a couple of these for gifts.




Because I used these thick and chunky yarns of wool/acrylic blend, these slippers were fairly quick to make.  They were so warm and comfy that I made a pair for myself as well.




For quick gifts, I made a couple of these small zipper pouches.  I like to put some chapsticks or small hand creams inside these pouches as gifts to my girlfriends. 



I was in such hurry that I couldn't take pics of other pouches that I made (sorry!) but this one is made of Japanese imported Echino fabric with birds (my favorite).


I don't really make new year resolutions, but my wish for this year is that my family, friends, and all of you kind crafty fellows out there have a healthy and joyful year!  And of course, my another wish is to squeeze in more time to sew and to crochet again this year ;)

Thanks for visiting and hope you have a good weekend!












4 comments:

PY said...

Amy, I love your crocheted room slippers. I think they are very cute and pretty ! The gathered clutches and pouches are beautiful too !

Unknown said...

Thank you, PY! You're always so nice and sweet :)

Z said...

I like the slippers.


I made baby size slippers. Like a mary jane style once, but I have yet to make a pair for adults.


Yours do look warm

Unknown said...

Thank you, Z of ZKnitz! Yes these are really warm and keeps my feet toasty :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails