Baby bib and a softie gift set


I love making handmade gifts, and I especially love making gifts for the baby.

Recently, I whipped up this baby gift set for our friend's baby girl.  It's a matching set of baby bib and a bunny softie...


 
The reverse side of the bib is made of soft and comfy double gauze fabric, which I think is a perfect fabric for the baby :)

The small ribbon on the bib front is hand embroidered on linen. 


I'm truly happy with how this gift set turned out, EXCEPT for this bunny guy...
I mean, he (or she?) may be cute, but does it really look like a bunny to you?




Well, to me, it looks more like a badly made Totoro than a bunny... Awww!




For those of you who are not familiar with Totoro, he is one of the magical creatures featured in the Japanese animated film My Neighbor Totoro.  Our girls and I liked this movie so much that I remember watching it over and over when our girls were younger...



Whether the softy looks more like Totoro or a bunny, I shall let the recipient and her mommy and daddy decide (lol)!


So...what do you think? ^^



5 comments:

Jessica said...

Beautiful - any new mum would love those! Your bunny is adorable - even though he doesn't look very bunny like :-) Yes he does remind me of Totoro (brilliant film - my favourite out of all the Ghibli's) but surely that's a good thing?

Sandra :) said...

I think your gift sets are JUST adorable, and the stuffy looks like a bunny to me! Moms and babies are both going to be happy to get such a lovely handmade gift :) I have several nieces with babies (YAY!) and all of them love handmade gifts from old Aunt Sandra - I love that they love handmade!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Jessica! Thank you, Sandra!

We just gave the gift away to our family friend, and I'm hoping that the "totoro" bunny will be liked by the new baby... fingers crossed :D

PY said...

So sweet !

Ysabella said...

I love it! I'll definitely try to make one when I find some time. My friends might even appreciate if I give those as baby gifts since I personally made them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails